Espwa, Camp-Perrin and Torbeck Children Celebrate
Box of Joy Days
UPDATED: Related published videos, stories and interviews (latest at top):
- ETWN News Nightly story…features PES Outreach efforts
- Interview with Peter Jesserer Smith of the National Catholic Register on Haiti and about his Box of Joy experience…interview starts immediately
- Interview with Jim Cavnar, CEO Cross Catholic Outreach on “The Drew Mariani Show” Relevant Radio…interview starts at minute 12:46
- Print Story for Catholic News Service published in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia’s news paper the Catholic Philly
- Video: Cross Catholic Outreach’s 2017 Box of Joy ministry trip to Haiti…by Carmel Communications
We were blessed to have had 1200 kids from Espwa schools (resident and non-resident) joined by another 1200 from local community schools to participate in “Box of Joy” celebrations.
The events were made possible through our partnership with Cross Catholic Outreach.
Celebrations were held on March 16th at Torbeck, March 22nd at Camp-Perrin, and March 23rd at Pwoje Espwa.
School children enjoyed a day of games and music, food and fun.
They also received boxes full of donated gifts such as toys, candy, school supplies, and hygiene products.
The children checking out each other’s boxes to the left are from a Camp-Perrin community school.
Girls from Camp-Perrin School take a moment to show classmates the surprises they found inside their boxes.
After school most of these children spread the joy by sharing the contents of their boxes at home with siblings and friends.
Twelve journalists and videographers joined the Cross Catholic team visit. These national media members hope to highlight the endless needs in Haiti and the opportunities Espwa provides to each child.
To the left students and families assembled in the Espwa Dining Room await the start of the program. They enjoyed singing, dancing and speeches from staff.
One of our little guys smiles through a cinder-blocked window at the Pre-school as a classmate looks on.
Thanks to our many Espwa staff who carefully planned and hosted the days’ events.
Our kids embraced this experience expressing their pure joy with staff members, our partners, the journalists and their own families. In the end they gave more to others than they received themselves. What a wonderful way to spread the love of God during this Lenten Season!