Residents transitioning back into Haitian society at age 18 are offered one of two paths in independence and empowerment.
Our alumni attend either a two-year vocational program that results in a trade or skill tha leads to employment, or if academically gifted, a path to higher educational opportunities inside or outside of Haiti.
At age 18, we offer two options:
- Two years of continued vocational/professional education.
- For students that demonstrate exceptional academic ability, we strive to provide University or extended educational opportunities.
Once education is complete, those who show exceptional qualities and drive for business may receive business training through partnering organizations, and perhaps even microloans to start businesses.
Our desired outcomes for this program:
- Ability to live independent lives to the glory of God, themselves, their families, and Haiti.
- Grow through ongoing mentoring and skill development.
- Achieve professional success.
Some areas of support provided to students in our Transition Program:
- Tuition support for two or more years
- Uniforms, books, and educational supplies
- Tools or other supplies necessary for trade study
- Mentoring by licensed Social Workers
- Monitoring by licensed Psychologist
- Group home if there are no family options
- Living expense support